Stabiele performance, integratie begonnen
- Solvency Standard Formula ratio stable at 144% within target range (year-end 2016: 143%)
- Life new business volume of € 119 million (3M 2016: € 132 million), reflecting discipline in defined benefits business
- Combined ratio of 97.9% in line with target (3M 2016: 97.0%)
- Gross written premiums (GWP) in General Insurance decreased to € 447 million (3M 2016: € 465 million), reflecting exit of unprofitable and unattractive business segments
- Integration NN Group and Delta Lloyd commenced
More information about this press release:
About Delta Lloyd NV
- Key performance indicators
- Solvency II Standard Formula
- Combined ratio
|1. Key performance indicators|
|(in millions of euros, unless otherwise stated)||3M 2017||3M 2016||Change|
|Solvency II Standard formula (SF) ratio||144%||143%*||1.8pp|
|Solvency II NAPI||119||132||-10%|
|GWP General Insurance||447||465||-4%|
* Compared to year end 2016
|2. Solvency II - Standard Formula|
|(in millions of euros)||3M 2017||FY 2016||Change|
|Available Own funds||4,439||4,483||-1%|
|Non eligible Own funds||585||481||22%|
|Eligible Own funds||3,854||4,002||-4%|
|Required Economic Capital||2,667||2,806||-5%|
|3. Combined ratio|
|3M 2017||3M 2016||Change|
|Property & casualty||104.8%||101.8%||3.0pp|
- This press release contains the figures of the IMS M3 2017 for Delta Lloyd NV ('Delta Lloyd'), inclusive of Delta Lloyd Levensverzekering, Delta Lloyd Schadeverzekering, ABN AMRO Verzekeringen, Delta Lloyd Life Belgium, Delta Lloyd Asset Management and Delta Lloyd Bank.
- Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts are 'forward-looking statements'. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as 'believes', 'expects', 'may', 'will', 'could', 'should', 'intends', 'estimates', 'plans', 'assumes', 'anticipates', 'annualised', 'goal', 'target' or 'aim' or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology, or by discussions of strategy that involve risk and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on management's beliefs and projections and on information currently available to them. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond Delta Lloyd's control and all of which are based on management's current beliefs and expectations about future events.
- Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties and speak only as of the date they are made. Delta Lloyd undertakes no duty to and will not update any of the forward-looking statements in light of new information or future events, except to the extent required by applicable law. A number of important factors could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statement as a result of risks and uncertainties facing Delta Lloyd and its subsidiaries. Such risks, uncertainties and other important factors include, among others: (i) changes in the financial markets and general economic conditions, (ii) changes in competition from local, national and international companies, new entrants in the market and self-insurance and changes to the competitive landscape in which Delta Lloyd operates, (iii) the adoption of new, or changes to existing, laws and regulations including Solvency II, (iv) catastrophes and terrorist-related events, (v) default by third parties owing money, securities or other assets on their financial obligations, (vi) equity market losses, (vii) long- and/or short-term interest rate volatility, (viii) illiquidity of certain investment assets, (ix) flaws in underwriting assumptions, pricing and/or claims reserves, (x) the termination of or changes to relationships with principal intermediaries or partnerships, (xi) the unavailability and unaffordability of reinsurance, (xii) flaws in Delta Lloyd's underwriting, operating controls or IT systems, or a failure to prevent fraud, (xiii) a downgrade (or potential downgrade) of Delta Lloyd's credit ratings, and (xiv) the outcome of pending, threatened or future litigation or investigations, or other factors referred to in this press release.
- Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialise, or should any underlying assumptions prove to be incorrect, Delta Lloyd's actual financial condition or results of operations could differ materially from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected.
- Please see the Annual Report for the year-ended 31 December 2016 for a description of certain important factors, risks and uncertainties that may affect Delta Lloyd's businesses.